Friday 3 August 2007

Disgusting Men

I am pretty sure every woman out there has been harassed by unscrupulous characters, while walking down the street, or going about their own, daily businesses. I for one get quite annoyed with the pssting, whistling, gawking, ogling men. I don't think that i am particularly more attractive than any other woman, i don't think i get these reactions more than any other woman, but what i would like to know is if it annoys me more than it does other women.

Now men, I appreciate the fact that, you appreciate my beauty, sexiness, style, whatever it is that makes you react that way, but sometimes I wonder if you even think things through.
First of all you have the "sour grapes" men. They stare at you, call to you do the pssting thing, the works, if you don't respond then they start to tell you how ugly you are, and start to describe the other parts of you tell you what they think is undesirable (I'm Jamaican so i will relate my experiences) Usually it goes like this:

- psst, browning, psst, psst, psst psst,
-(i don't respond) frankly i assume I'm not the browning they are referring to on this particular occasion.
-hey ugly gal, you see how you foot dem bend up, you a come gwaan like, gweh you ugly like...
it amazes me, usually i just laugh...its quite funny actually.

Then you have the "stalkers": they are going in the opposite direction and then they stop to call to you. If you pay them no mind, they start to follow you, i assume in a attempt to get you to realize just what you are missing out on. Eventually these too become "sour grapers"

Next we have the "drive bys" : now this particular set i cant fathom, I'm walking, you're driving, or you're in a car, and you stick your head outside the window to psst and gawk and say hi...now seriously have you thought this through, and if i answer then what, you are already half way up the fricking road, with your head still sticking out the window, even if i was kind enough to say hi where would that lead, and why on earth do you keep psssting....hello...what next?

All are quite annoying to me. Once i actually answered on of these men, and i stood there waiting for the "what next" it never came, poor guy looked so shocked I'm almost sure he pied a little inside his pants. Please men, don't do it. Stop harassing people on the roads. Please Please Stop. Sigh. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you dwell in an ignorant culture. A culture that can only create a 3rd-world country and society.

Jamaica is chock-full of ignorant people, male and female.

It is doubtful your country/society will ever rise much above the stone age.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Keas said...

I felt obligated to post this comment and respond to it. I will not however, allow you, to bring me down to the petty level that you obviously are stuck at, by attacking you, since I don’t know you. But your comment does suggest that you are also ignorant, speaking about a culture that you clearly know nothing about. I will go no further, not even to defend my country because I don’t see any need to. We, merely in our existence, defend ourselves. Anybody with half a brain, I’m sure, will realize the absurdity of this comment. I will allow others, if they so desire to comment further.
Thanks for stopping by to read the blog of an ignorant Jamaican.

shonari said...

Well i guess all those years of inbreeding did something to anonymous brain. Sigh, its not his.her fault Yakeisha. Only ignorant people talk the way he/she did. As a Jamaican im proud of my country, i may not be proud of how the country is being run but im proud of many of our achievements as a people, not bad for a 3rd world country id say. Im pretty sure this commenter is an American so id like to share this little video with him/her just to show you what real ignorance is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Anonymous said...

Fuck them and thier fucking gender.
The male sex is nothing but trouble making cunts and totall fuck machines destroying peoples lives and making mine a living hell.
Fuck them bastards.
They're fucking animals.

I've gotten perved on the streets at the age of 13.

They nasty shits

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons