Friday 10 August 2007

A Day in the Life Of

A basic school child...

They wake me up so early every morning, every morning mommy come in and wake me up. I have to bathe in the cold water, it cold you see, and then she get vex when I get vex. My brother, as soon as she turn her back, you see him go throw out the water of of the thermos and get fi bathe with hot water, it no fair, is just true mi likkle.

After all a dat, i have to put on this ugly brown uniform, it always untidy, me nuh know who fa ediat idea it was fi mek the stupid tunic wid the buttons down the back. I'm five, and they say they want you to be indripendent and you cant reach the buttons so you can put on the ugly uniforms. I wish i could just hide all a dem and wear me jeans and t-shirt. Cho.

See it deh, no breakfast again, how you expect me fi learn and you nuh gi me nutten fi eat. Hiss teeth, and when me drop a sleep a school, you see how teacher tell me seh me lazy and no do no work and then you come beat me when she tell you that, like a no your fault, since all you do a pack me up with the taste bad juice dem and the sweety. Just because me a five no mean seh me no like nothing else. I like macrooni and cheese for your information.

Stupid taxi man! She not even come one morning fi mek sure seh dis ediat can drive. Look how much a we pack up inna the cyar, like a sardine, and him so ugly too, him and him screw up face girlfriend, like is our fault him drive taxi and haffi pick we up. Me caan wait fi reach, not that school all that exciting anyway.

Good morning miss Clairwood. School is so boring. We come and do devotion, sing the same song dem every morning, like seh, we caan think a nothing else, and this woman, who she think she be, which one a we she think have a clue what we a sing bout, the song just nice fi dance to.

The days of the week are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday..., square, triangle, circle, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10..., rainy weather, sunny weather, cloudy weather, windy weather, blue, green...all morning long...

Sit up straight, turn around in your chair, stop this, stop that, you don't hear a calling to you? What you doing, what you building, what colour is it, where you going, what i said, who called you, too much noise, no, no, stop stop, behave, behave....no little, nice girl, nice boy, wow that's nice, you are really trying, you look pretty today, you are being so quiet, no little anything fi make we feel good. All day long, pure questioning, me feel like me a go buss. Cho. And then when me reach home, same thing all over again...you do your home work, you wash you plate, go bathe, turn off the tv.......Me so mad, a wonder if anybody ever realize seh me a smaddy too? Just because me likkle and cyan do betta? Just because me small and my voice week? I'm here, down here, see me here, i'm gonna be big like you one day, what are you doing to make sure I am worthwhile when i grow up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA....Keys, seriously....u nah nuhtn bettr 2 do wid u time????

-Shekiboo

Keas said...

lol well skeks...this is it. Thanks for coming.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons