Monday 24 September 2007

When Murphy Decides to Take Over Your Life


You know Murphy's Laws right? The most basic one and the one on which all others are founded pretty much says "If anything can go wrong, it will"

Well lucky for me i got to experience Murphy's Laws the other day, first hand yippee (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice...sigh)

So anyway, my job happens to carry me on the road everyday into the worst possible parts of Kingston, like, Waterhouse, Rae Town, Tavern, Tivoli etc etc...you get the idea. Now this is bad enough without any extra drama. Thank goodness, so far i haven't experienced anything unsavory directly resulting from being in these areas, like shoot outs etc, especially considering that i found out the other day that the only thing my job doesn't insure against is gun shot wounds. Nehoo back to Murphy....So ironically i go to some places of North Street, turn up on a police Blockade, turns out some dead man down the lane, fine. So, we turn around and try another route, only to find out that that route block because people angry about said bredrin that get shot up the road. Ok. we try going to some other places. (I'm looking for specific persons here) I go to another part of town, turns out the guy we looking for was last seen in lane previously blocked by angry residents and police cars. Sigh, ok then, whats the likelihood of that. So after turning up dead ends after dead ends we decide to head back to the office. I'm happy cause i'm starved. Excited bc we are on the way to buy food. So we find a place buy the food and decide to eat when we get back to the office. But Murphy realizes just how happy i am and decides to spoil the fun... my boss calls and we have to pick her up. This requires driving half and hour back in the direction we coming from!!! So we do that. Then she decides that she is hungry and we have to go somewhere else to get her food. We do that. Thats another half an hour. So here i am holding my food in my hand waiting to eat. BUT...

We have to pick up someone else, Murphy again...so we do that. We get out of the van to help pack some equipment in...low and behold, the kill switch on the van's alarm system activates and we can't deactivate it. I'm still starving. We spend an hour trying to kill it, had to take off the battery and all sorts of nonsense. We had to push the van away from where we were because we were at a children's home and the van was near to one of the classrooms. So can u imagine poor little me a help push one Hiace bus...Sigh...finally we get the van started and all i can think about is eating my lunch. Get back to the office. Take out my lunch....AND...The blasted box that my food in break!!! half me lunch dash weh....I wanted to cry...i just had this bewildered look on my face and everybody was laughing their faces off....So thanks to Murphy...i had a rather messed up day. If anything can go wrong, you bet ur ass it will....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd laugh but somehow i get the feeling u'll track me down and blow me to smithereens...but yea dats messed up man.

Anonymous said...

The really scare side to all this is that Murphy barely touched cause it all could have been so much worst ... for eg. The road blocks could have escalated to crazy violence just has you guy got there..... or you could have lost all your lunch ... glad he didn't scar any more than he did and you are here to tell us about it ... heads up Girl it will pass.

shonari said...

LOL hush my girl...i like shonari's law better...If something goes wrong (and more than likely it will) just fuck it and go drink it off.

Anonymous said...

I have a poster in my room which has a bunch of phrases having to do with Murphy's Law.
Murphy's Law actually comforts me. Makes feel good knowing that things can always get worse, so i'm content with whatever "Murphy" throws at me.

"Smile... Tomorrow will be worse!"

Keas said...

@anonymous, track you down? why would i do a thing like that (sinister laugh)

@bobby, i know right it would have been hell i not feeling too bad

@Shonari, my policy exactly-pile on the pina coladas

@Jamsprint, hey hmm thanks...i hope it doesnt get worse...considering where i work!

owen said...

There is a saying that no matter how far down the wrong road you go you should always turn back.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons