Friday 14 September 2007

Man How Times Have Changed


I'm sitting here doing some blog management and with no particular inspiration decided not to do a post today. I log out and decide to go and check my Facebook...and it hit me..."man how times have changed" I have about 60 pics of me and my friends on my facebook account, i have numerous pictures of myself all over the internet; at parties, functions, even my work place has managed to post a picture of me somewhere on their website- without my knowledge or permission. I had to laugh because not so long ago i wouldn't even send a pic to a friend via the internet because it could be intercepted by crazy people and be manipulated...blah blah blah blah blah...you get the idea. When i talked on messenger, i used to ignore people i didn't know already, and i wouldn't give out any personal information to strangers like my address and telephone number! Well i still dont' do that...BUT

I'm thinking, that can't have been that long ago. Now, all my personal information can be gathered from somewhere or another. My work website had an email address for me posted that I DIDN'T even know i had. Seriously thats the first time i knew i had it! Facebook, Hi5, Blogger, etc. information about me, my age, sex, who i might or might not be in a relationship with, what i like, dislike, and loads and loads of pics to boot. It's crazy isn't it ! We have all been brainwashed! LOL...Social Networking is now the norm and not having all your business splashed all over the internet somewhere makes you the "weird one", "socially inept" and outdated. I'm still in awe, its crazy. Sigh, Oh how times have changed!

5 comments:

owen said...

you, like most have a growing and consistent need to do what everybody else is doing. It'll only get worst.

shonari said...

min' smaddy "tief" you (digital you that is)

Keas said...

i don't think i have the need to do what everybody else is doing...like i said things change...i don't see the internet the same way anymore...but ur prob right...it will only get worst!

Anonymous said...

aaaaahhh the cyber worl, its fun isn't?

Anonymous said...

I remember the night I got an email address...
Felt like I was dancing with the devil

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons