Wednesday 5 September 2007

I Think my Boss is....


I don't want to say crazy. I mean, its not nice to say people are crazy but she drives me crazy and she knows it. I've manged to, over the years, get a hold of my tongue, to some extent. I no longer just say what i want, how i feel, whenever i want. I hear that's what makes us civil and tolerable and stuff like that, that's, well, people say, important. What i haven't, however, managed to do is...(sigh) mask my feelings on my face. What I'm thinking shows, especially if I'm thinking any of the above things, "what the f^&K are you talking about", "you are so annoying me right now", "go away", "i just spent 3 months working on that and it was fine the last 300 times i carried it to you for approval, what the f*@!k you mean you want...changed?!" Yah, so you can imagine the relationship with me and my boss.

My boss is a wonderful young lady. She's hired me twice now, on two separate projects. I like her, i really do, she's funny and fun, she's understanding, and she has taught me a lot. BUT...lord, she drive me up the fricking wall half the time. My boss is....
My boss has a tendency to warp time. Here's why i say that. I am a research assistant. That means i have infinite amount of tasks to do on any given day. My boss tells me exactly what she wants and i do it. She'll sometimes give me a list of about 3-4 things that need to be done and the time frame in which she wants it. Of course, she asks me how long each will take. I ask her what is most important and i give her a time frame taking into consideration the fact that i might work on more than one task simultaneously. Now of course whatever time i work out with my well proven equation will be tripled because my dear boss:

1. Will always come with a new task in the middle of the ones i am already doing that needs to be done urgently. So drop everything else and do it now. Which is fine. What drives me crazy, is that she still expects all the other things to be done in the same time frame that i originally gave. Hello! were u not there when you have me something else to do that took DAYS! What else irks me is that she will ask me one hundred million times how "its coming along" what the hell does that mean! It's a thing to be done, its either finished or not. If u say you want it by Thursday, don't ask me on Tuesday how its going. If i had a problem i would have come to you! Next thing...(sigh) My boss sees me at 4:30 pm (that's when work lets out) and she asks have you done The Report yet? I say no, i haven't. Great. We go home, i get in at 8:20 next morning (work starts at 8:30) and she is in my office by 8:25 with "so how's the report coming along". Hello!!!!!!!! "you do realize that i don't work here over night right?" And of course....there is the face i can't hide. And she knows it because this is where i look up at her with "THE LOOK" she says "OK" and leaves my office. Sigh....
But let me reiterate. My boss, i like, but my boss is....

4 comments:

shonari said...

lol i think that applies to ALL employers/bosses

Keas said...

i know...lol...

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope your boss reads this:P

Keas said...

my ex-boss...plus she has a good sense of humour...like i said...she is a nice person just annoying sometimes...and like Shonari said...all bosses are like that...thanks for dropping by :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons