Tuesday 17 June 2008

Kung Fu Panda


So after a ridiculously horrible day, I decided i needed to laugh and smile and relax and chill and calm myself down....(all without any alcohol, quite a feat) but i figured it out; i decided to drag my behind to Cineplex and watch Kung Fu Panda.

I well expected there to be a bunch of little ones but as luck would have it, i chose to go watch the movie on a day where a whole class of what seemed like 6-8 yr olds were gonna be there. Yeah me...Anyway i had no problems really, turns out i really love kids and they don't bug me at all...( i leave that to adults)...As much as i love them i sat way out of their reach, didn't want any soda or popcorn butter getting all over im in their excitement. But some things occured to me while i was there....the first thing was this:

The theater was very very noisy as it usually is before the movies starts, during the trailers and ads etc. But i was shocked out of my wits when The National Anthem started to play and i could hear a pin drop. I mean all these kids and it was pretty much almost full stood up on cue and were religiously quiet. I felt so proud, i mean i know the adults do it and its probably the only time we show patriotism but to be honest i didn't expect it from the kids. Yeah adults u did at least one thing right.

Now the next thing though, i just couldn't get. As the movie wore on, the kids started to get restless and naturally noisy. This is normal, i mean, duh, they are kids, and people started saying "sshhhh" and "be quiet" and some people behind me we commenting that these kids dont know how to behave and saying things like, "why dem won't keep quiet" and i'm thinking to myself...."YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT!". You expect kids to sit nice and quiet for 2 hours especially through parts of the movie that required a little bit more than a funny bone and the sense of humour or an 8 yr old to get? Why are adults so clueless when it comes to understanding kids. Adults wont even sit and keep their behind quiet for a long time much less kids... Hello- news flash its NORMAL.....

I guess one of my pet peeves is adults treating kids like second class citizens or not understanding them. Get a pamphlet, read a book, take a class or summen. Most of what kids are has a lot to do with the adults around them...get a clue man...do it for the kids (i couldnt help the cliche statment at the end, but i'm serious).
The End

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons