Friday 6 June 2008

The Land of Coins

In high school, sixth form to be exact, my friend and i weren't exactly the model students. Unfortunately for my grades I wasn't particularly interested in sitting in English Literature class for all of 4 sessions. Like hello, I know that reading all 10 books was important but seriously, how did they expect me to read them when i had to sit in class for hours listening to my Literature teacher going on and on about all sorts of stuff ( i wouldn't know what, my friend and i never spent much time in that class).

Which reminds me, thats not what this post is about...lol

So anyway, my friend and I ( yes the same one) spent a lot of our time out of class doing a lot of things we shouldn't have been doing. I can't really divulge what, without incriminating ourselves, but i do remember going to my Computer after class quite drunk one day.

Which brings me to the real story ( yes about the land of coins)

So, all those things we did while skipping a class or two kind of left us in an interesting state. But i distinctly remember this conversation, and the only thing i can attribute it's brilliance to was our class skipping activities...

(So we are at the tuck shop about to get our lunch or something...enter Friend and Me, stage left)
Friend: what the hell, where did all the coins go
Me: what you mean where did all the coins go?
Friend: I had like at least a hundred dollars worth of coins in my pocket a while ago
Me: Look again
Friend: hiss teeth, my cyan bodda, this always happen. See is pure sweety paper inna me pocket
Me: You sure you had coins in there
Friend: you deaf or something, cho me say dem did in there
Me: then there can only one one explanation...there must be a land of coins
Friend: land of coins?
Me: Yes, there must be a place somewhere out there in the world that uses only coins, but all they have in their world is sweety paper. So the only way to get coins to do anything is to come to earth and swap out the coins in people's pockets or on the ground for sweety paper.
Friend: you know seh a true, cause there is always this whole heap a sweety paper inna me pocket fi real...

( then we both of course noticed the copious amounts of sweety paper on the ground and no coins. needles to say we both were quite satisfied with the explanation of the land of coins and continued on our way)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons