Monday 8 October 2007

New Invention- Memory Chip

I'm particularly horrible at remembering names. I will, like most people recognize your face and I think that I know you. It might not always be safe to act on this because I've seen people in the same context many times who i might not actually know, but because you've seen them so many times your brain fools you. Now it gets very embarrasing for me because people seem to always remember my name. People shouting Yakeisha from across the road and across the room and nothing, I look around and sometimes it so bad I don't even know who yelled because nobody looks familiar. NOT GOOD. I also hate it when i return to where i used to live when i was a child and people call "Yakeisha, you remember me?" Poor me. It's embarrasing, I've resorted to saying now, Yeah man i remember you! Sometimes i do but ask me what they name and i couldn't tell you.

So I went searching on the internet (God bless Google...lol) for ways to enhance memory especially of names and faces. They all read the same way: consciously listen to the person when they introduce themselves, repeat the name a couple times, associate the name to something else etc., etc., But.... What i wanted to see was something that read something like this:

New Invention: Memory Chip has been invented by Russian Scientist Rushtad Vongostandt. The New Memory Chip with retail name "Name -O- Memory" is slated to hit the market in a few weeks. The new memory chip is a revolution in improving one's ability to remember names and faces of people. According to Vongostandt, his new invention which is inserted in the back of the hand, came out a desire to remember all the names and faces of important people he met daily. He explains how the chip works.

"The chip is inserted into the back of the hand. What happens is that it is activated just by the will of the person whenever they meet someone important whose name and face they wish to recall on future occasions. The chip works by storing face and name together and a screen, not unlike those seen through the eyes of the "Terminator" in those american action movies, is activated. The face is saved and as soon as the wearer of the chip says the name it is corresponded to the face and saved. Next time the face is seen the wearer activates the chip, the screen analyzes the face of the person and the face and name stored in memory pops up."



Ha, in my dreams right! But wouldn't that be great? Wouldn't it solve so many problems...Well yeah, but until then i'll just have to go through the tedious suggested methods for remembering names and faces.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok ok ok that is so not funny i actually started to believe ... "a nah play wid yuh again" :)

Keas said...

lol...sorry...maybe one day soon

shonari said...

lol u couple months too early...april 1st deh far

Adrian said...

lol I have a hard time remembering names too, I have no shame asking them over again each time I meet them though :p

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons